Welcome to the Harvard Business School Club of the GCC!
We are a non-profit organization (DIFC - Dubai), formed by HBS Alumni from various industry sectors representing 1,000+ Harvard Business School Alumni in the GCC.
We organize world-class events and unique conferences, bring to the region very best business education, connect students, executive and governments and organize the flagship Annual “Crossroads” event.
Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program - September 22 - 29, 2018 – Dubai, UAE
Applications are now open for the Harvard Business School Club of the GCC Second Annual Crossroads Program. This is a fully-funded career development opportunity for students from the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East, and Africa, who are the first in their families to attend college and may also be facing challenges in financial and social circumstances.
The 2018 program will run from September 22 - 29, 2018 at the DIFC Academy of the Dubai International Financial Centre (Dubai, UAE). Leading Harvard faculty will teach an intensive, multidisciplinary five-day curriculum in Dubai, for accomplished, motivated youth.
Deadline of submission is on June 30, 2018.
This program is a collaboration between the Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University, Harvard Business School Club of the GCC, The Dubai International Financial Centre, with the support of The Dubai Future Accelerators, Expo 2020, Air Arabia, and Rove Hotels.
- The program will cover the costs of international travel, board, lodging and class materials. Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.
- Applicant must be a holder of a valid passport from the Middle East or Africa.
- The first member of a family – or the first generation within a family – to attend college.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate in a college, can provide proof they begin undergraduate studies in Fall 2018, or a recent graduate from a college (within three years).
- Fluency in English.
You will need to submit the following materials:
- Online application through CARAT.
- Copy of your Passport
- Academic transcript official or unofficial document showing the students grades.
- A personal statement of 600 words or less describing why you are applying for this program. Documents must be in English, double-spaced, and in 12-point size font.
- Two letters of recommendation uploaded directly to CARAT. Letters should offer insight into the students’ academic achievements and their ability to take on challenges. Letters must be in English.
PDF files are preferred for application materials.
Any applications that are not in English will not be considered. Any applications that do not have both recommendation letters by June 30, 2018, 11:59 PM EST will not be considered, and therefore will not be considered.
Instructions to apply through CARAT are here. Please read these instructions thoroughly before contacting the Crossroads Program Team.
For more information, see FAQ.